so tomorrow is a school day, and i don’t know about you, but for us that means bright + early mornings, that are always a bit on the hectic side. and honestly, it’s probably mostly do with the fact that your girl likes to hit the snooze button one too many times. so tonight, we found ourselves prepping our overnight oats. the boys are absolutely obsessed with them and i love how i can just grab them right from the fridge and plop them down in front of them to devour. and if you read here, you got to hear a glimpse at how much we love horizon products. and their milk, being the most important product to us. horizon takes pride in keeping all of the weird stuff out of our food; this means no artificial colors, flavors, preservatives and no GMOs and of course, always organic.
tonight after dinner, my little sous chef and i, prepared breakfast for tomorrow. here’s our recipe!
quick + easy overnight oats:
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats, however we use gluten free rolled oats
- 1/2 cup horizon organic whole milk
- about a palm full of chia seeds
- a few spoonfuls of creamy peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon coconut sugar
- add oats to mason jar.
- add milk, chia seeds, peanut butter, and sugar to jar. mix together.
- cover securely and set in the refrigerator for at least six hours.
- in the morning, open jar and garnish as desired. we add sliced bananas and strawberries + sprinkle some more chia seeds on top.
- use within 48 hours of making.
this is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of horizon organic. the opinions and text are all mine.