the other day, we decided to show our fur brother and my first baby a little extra love. our rylee will be NINE years old this summer. i can hardly believe it. my first born is getting so, so old. he loves all the belly rubs, chasing his favorite toy [currently an armadillo] and is mildly obsessed with treats. i mean, he tricks you to think he needs to go potty just to get another treat. so for this valentine’s day, we wanted to make sure we didn’t forget to shower our pup with lots of love. so together we all decided to make him some yummy treats [ and yes maybe for the first time in those nine years].
pb + banana pup treats
- 1 banana
- 1 cup oat flour
- 2/3 cup rolled oats
- 1/4 cup dried parsley
- 1/4 cup dried mint
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 egg, beaten
- preheat oven to 300 degrees.
- mash banana all up in a large bowl
- add oat flour, oats, parsley, mint, peanut butter, and egg and stir it all together
- let sit for five minutes
- grab dog bone cookie cutter and mash a bunch of the ‘dough’ onto a piece of wax paper, leaving the mixture about 1/2 inch thick.
- cut out treats [makes about two dozen] and place onto a parchment paper covered baking sheet
- bake for 35-40 minutes or until bottoms of treats are golden brown
- set aside and let cool completely
- once cool, store in an airtight container
we couldn’t wait until valentine’s day to let rylee taste test. and honestly, at first he wanted nothing to do with them. poor finley was so upset, yelling “i-ee!”as he chased him down. i had to pick that babe up and sit him right in front of fin. as soon as he tasted that treat it was over. the two of the teamed up and i’m pretty sure he had half the batch within an hour. hashtag whoops.
anyways, if you have some little fur loves at home, i think you should make them something extra special this year too!